Paju is like Winterfell, close to North Korea, but it's a good city.

You're aware of where winterfell is if you're a big fan of Game of Thrones. My friends living in Seoul have often called a city, Paju, where I'm living winterfell for fun because this city is considerably close to North Korea. In Game of Thrones, winterfell is located at northern areas close to the wall, and there is the north over the wall. Let's take a look at the map below. As you can see in the map, the area surrounded in the red line is Paju, the southeast area is Seoul, and the northwest part is North Korea. Paju isn't far from Seoul; it takes you about one and a half hour by bus from the capital, much faster when you drive.



The thing is I can't understand why my city is quite humid in summer, especially much colder than Seoul in winter, so I've been difficult in every winter season for years. Nevertheless, I love Paju. It's not crowded with cars, people, and noise. This city also has developed various kinds of facilities such as shopping outlets, theater, and transportation. First of all, I'd like to talk about the two outlets: Lotte premium outlet and Shinsegae premium outlet. Before they were built, I should go shopping to Ilsan, the closest city to Paju because no big malls had existed in my city. So, don't worry about shopping for your family, friends, or yourself in Paju.




Paju has also good tourist attractions: Heyri, English village, Gamak Mountain, etc. Among them, I'm sure that Imjingak should be the first place.




Imjingak was built to be a symbol of peace, love, and unification in this area that was a symbol of division and tension. Imjingak is like a vast park. No high buildings, which mean you'll feel as if you were in a wide field. That picture is just a piece of the park. What I strongly want you to do is to fly kites. It's one of the best places to do that, so you can easily see many people flying kites. However, it's not easy to get there by public transportation. The best way to Imjingak is to take a taxi at Munsan station, Gyeongui Jungang line. Here is the link to Seoul subway lines in English for your conveniences,
http://211.54.2.50/station/eng/linemap.action.

In short, I'd like to introduce other tourist sites in Paju. Therefore, come to Imjingak first.  

댓글